[Artemisia] Fortified Manor House Ideas?

Gene Clyatt Jr gclyattjr at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 12 11:36:21 CDT 2011

A fortified manor house seems like the perfect accessory for the coming
Zombie Apocalypse... And, yes, stockpile ammo. But remember, the axe never
needs reloading...

-Robert Wydville

 Greetings All,

 Another thread to peak some interest and comments.

 In England during the time of our study, many of the lesser gentry, those
 who didn't have castles, had was was known as a fortified manor house.
This
 gave a fair level of protection from brigands and such, though probably not
 so much as to resist an attack from an army.  There is a very nice example
 of one south of Shrewsbury (though it's name escapes me right now - too
much
 work on the farm today...).

 So, what would your thoughts on a fortified manor house be in these modern
 medieval times?

 Looking forward to your answers,       Alan