[Artemisia] klif book - bard fun

Tabitha Mounteer tabitha.anne at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 16:47:23 CDT 2012

This is from another SCA Yahoo group - thought it would be fun if there
were some submissions from the Kingdom of Artemisia

Greetings All Bards, Poets, and Songsters -

As you read before, at a recent A&S event, some of the more mischievous
bards discussed what "Freebird" would be like  written as a sonnet.
Since then,
others have taken the challenge to convert more classic modern pieces to
period format:  sonnets, triolets, villanelles, etc.

We hope that we're seeing the beginnings of a collection book.  These are
not filk, in that the music of the spoofed pieces is ignored.  This is the
opposite, a "klif" if you will.  We are taking the words of modern popular
songs and putting them into a period poetic form.  We hope more writers
will have fun with this device. :)

If we get enough pieces from enough bards from enough kingdoms, Lord Jethro
and I want to pick the best submissions and compile them into a real, live
published book.  All profits from sales would go to the SCA legal fund to
help defray the recent settlement costs.  All copyrights would remain with
the individual authors.

If you are so inspired, please send your submission along with:
Your names - SCA and mundane (for copyright)
What year it was written (again, for copyright)
The original work that inspired your work

Submissions
may be sent to me at foxesque at yahoo dot com.  Please forward this to other
lists, so that all groups may have the chance to participate.

Cheers!
Morgan Rowanwaif