[Ek_fiber] Another Intro

Robin Howard countessinn at verizon.net
Tue Jun 28 18:23:54 CDT 2005

There are several pix in Rutt's History of Handknitting, and a pretty
explicit description of the Monmouth cap--the "Welsh wig."  2-ply, knitted
at a gauge of 1 st. per cm, cast on was about 59 stitches.  Don't know if
ladies wore them, though.  The first knitting guild, the cappers, were all
guys.

Henna