[Ek_fiber] knit cap identifier

Dianne and Greg goofy1 at suscom.net
Tue Jun 28 19:32:54 CDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "AEllin Olafs dotter" <aellin at earthlink.net>
<ek_fiber at lists.gallowglass.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 4:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Ek_fiber] knit cap identifier

> We also have chosen to cover a very wide range of techniques. Although I
> technically am capable of knitting - I have done it - it is not my
> preferred medium, and I bet there are some people here who don't knit at
> all. It doesn't make sense for me to spend my time struggling with
> something I'm not good at, don't want, and won't wear...
>
> I mean, everyone else is welcome to do what they want to do, but...

Outing myself to agree with good AEllin. I know how to knit. I hate it. I
can't see a knitted cap going with anything I would wear, and I ahve to
struggle to make myself wear headwear at all. (I hate hats).

I'd prefer some sort of badge, really.

Laurensa
who sews and crochets and embroiders, and wants to learn to spin and to
weave and to dye andandandand...

> AEllin
>
> jh_grace at comcast.net wrote:
> >>I think the knitted cap idea sounds good as a subtle member identifier.
Who has Patterns?

> > Just as long as it's a nicely unisex cap.
> >
> > Not all Fiber Artists are of the female persuasion you know. We guys
might be a minority, but we're still here.