[EKStationers] Hi from the Wet Coast - Antir

Lyle H. Gray gray at cs.umass.edu
Sat Feb 5 17:12:54 CST 2005

[I like that -- "Wet Coast".  Not that we've exactly been dry...]

> Greetings from the brand new Antir Book Arts Guild

I've been watching the chartering of your guild with interest
(I'm on the mailing list). Mind if we check out your charter,
maybe "borrow" a few items? ;-)

> Congratulations on getting organized, we are very proud of
> having achieved our recognition at 12th night ceremony.
>
> We have about 70 members from Portland Oregon to well up into
> mid BC Canada, mostly on the Coast, but a few members inlands
> where its dry.  We have 5 teachers and several pretty
> experienced students as we just finished a One Year
> Bookbinding Ithra with monthly classes in Lions Gate
> (Vancouver BC).

Remind me:  What exactly does an Ithra entail?  Is it similar to
the Midrealm RUM and the East Kingdom University events?

Not that those are exactly alike...

> I saw your message on SCA binders and hope to keep in touch
> and pass messages from our list and web site to yours.  I
> hope you will do the same.
>
> http://members.shaw.ca/bookbinders is the guild website.
> There are instructions and a link to subscribe yourself to
> the bookbinders discussion list.

Regards,
Lyle FitzWilliam

--