[Sca-librarians] job seeking and SCA

Mary Haselbauer mary_m_haselbauer at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 6 08:09:13 CST 2005

I think the only way SCA and really, any volunteer
effort, fits on a resume is if there's direct
experience between them. For instance, mentioning
being chronicler if you are applying for an editing or
graphics job.

For my husband the job lead came through an SCA list
and his new boss in SCA. There was no way around it.

If someone asks in an interview that's different.
You're not suposed to lie! In my area we have a good
relationship with the local libraries but I'm not sure
how detailed I'd get about SCA if I were applying to
the association library I work at now. They are very
conservative.

Cheers,
Slaine