[Sca-librarians] SCA and Job Interviews

MauraMc4880 at aol.com MauraMc4880 at aol.com
Fri Jan 7 09:38:12 CST 2005

Hello,

I was interviewing for a Children's Librarian position in my home town. I did
not mention the SCA in my resume or during the interview. As the interview
went on I asked how difficult it would be to get time off during August,
specifically the second week. The librarian interviewing me said there would be no
problem but asked why that week. I told her there was a retreat I attended every
year, she asked if the name of the retreat was Pennsic! Turns out she used to
be an active SCA member herself and recognized the "excuse" for time off! The
job went to someone "in-house" but I was called back for a second interview.
I have since included the SCA and community theater work on my resume.

Lady Maura MacLeod

mka Cheryl Nabati
Reference Librarian
Bateman Library