[Sca-librarians] RE: SCA and job interviews

mhermance4 mhermance4 at myway.com
Fri Jan 7 10:30:10 CST 2005

 Yeah, you should never put something in a resume unless it relates to the job. For example, Omar's editorial stint at Tournaments Illuminated can be used to show organizational and administrative skills. After all, TI can be seen as an internationally distributed journal with several thousand subscribers. His household affiliation within the SCA probably wouldn't impress a mundane HR executive.
 When I got my job, I had the SCA mentioned on my resume in the Other Interests category. It didn't make much difference one way or the other. They were just glad to find somebody with both a pulse and MLS that wanted to work here.
 I don't think any of us would use a resume to fish for SCAdians, though, when it's easier to go to the SCA website, look up the area, and contact the nearest group. *g* Tuiren