[Sca-librarians] A question as regards libraries in general

Jackie Wyatt vaanthro at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 12:25:29 CST 2005

Public libraries here in Canada still don't have food areas inside them usually (just outside is
possible though).  Unfortunately, my old university put in a food area just inside the front doors
a few years back (in spite of the main student food area being about 20 feet away), and
immediately there was a huge increase of food garbage all over the library (food was restricted to
that area, but obviously students didn't think so!).  It was absolutely disgusting for those of us
trying to shelve books!
In the case of the university, it was obviously a cash grab...

Medb