[Sca-librarians] AAARGH!

Solveig Throndardottir nostrand at acm.org
Sat May 26 14:06:59 CDT 2007

Noble Librarians!

Greetings from Solveig!

> I need small articles, a long paragraph really, up to 250 words on
> any topic appropriate under the Editorial Policy. I would think
> that this would be a 15- or 30-minute exercise for most scholars in
> the Society, but I am woefully short on these submissions.
> Truthfully, I don't have any. I have one receipt/recipe to follow
> one article only because I personally asked the gentleman who
> redacted the recipe.

The 500 word max project summary is notoriously the most difficult
part of an NSF proposal to write. Having been involved in a
successful NSF proposal, I can safely state that we spent quite a few
hours polishing that beast which came in with something like 498
words or thereabouts. Anyone who thinks that writing a good 250 word
scholarly article is a 15-30 minute exercise, is in my mind not fit
to edit their local PTA newsletter let alone TI.

Your Humble Servant
Solveig Throndardottir
Amateur Scholar

MKA Barbara Nostrand, Ph.D.