[Sca-librarians] OT Help finding info

mauramc4880 at aol.com mauramc4880 at aol.com
Thu Mar 6 13:42:36 CST 2008

Hello,
I'm sending this out to the collective brain for some help. I have a patron who is researching a slave ship and has asked for the following information. Is there anyone out there who has an idea where to look?

Thanks
Maura MacLoed
(Cheryl Nabati)

"Hi Cheryl, I am having trouble locating a letter written by the Bishop of the Philippines, Miquel Garcia Serrano, dated 28 July 1619 to the King of Spain. This letter documents the acquisition of a Japaneses Galleon that was sold to Spain. I have been unable to locate even possibility of its existence. My question is, are there sources, archives or extracts that I might explore for the contents of this letter. Any HELP will be GREATLY appreciated.

I hope your day is sunny and bright inside, despite the cold and rain outside. Here's looking at you. John"