[Sca-librarians] Queen Elizabeth I Book request info

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Nov 9 13:06:40 CST 2010

This is the sort of question where one might want to browse the shelves of a good college library which offers courses
in Women's History or Early Modern England. Go walk the shelves and pull some volumes on Elizabeth and her reign until you find one you like.
There are hundreds.

2003 saw a number of books published because it was the 400th anniversary of her death.
Elizabeth I: Then and Now was one. On the occasion of the 400th anniversary of Elizabeth’s death in March 1603, the Folger Library mounted an ambitious exhibition of more than one hundred books, manuscripts, and works of art from its collections.

Very interesting but not a bio.
Folger did an exhibit and the Newberry did another.

http://www.newberry.org/elizabeth/forthemedia/elizhistory.html

http://www.newberry.org/elizabeth/resources/suggestedreading.html lists a number of books.

hope this helps

Johnna