[Sca-librarians] Sca-librarians Digest, Vol 96, Issue 1

Lissa Underhill laralu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 12:12:52 CDT 2013

Stefan-

Shelf Reading (going row by row of books and making sure nothing has been
misfiled) is one way that libraries can find books that have been placed on
the wrong shelf. I work at an academic library, and this is a task assigned
to our student workers.
My library has also  just recently conducted an inventory where each book
was scanned into a computer, and then books which were missing were
identified and either repurchased or removed from the catalog. Again,
student labor here :)

-Lissa

Message: 4