[Sca-librarians] Sca-librarians Digest, Vol 96, Issue 1

Anna Troy owly3 at yahoo.se
Thu Jul 11 03:39:54 CDT 2013

With the RFID tags you can scan bookshelves and find misfiled books more quickly, example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_ntzPydU7I

Anna de Byxe

"So many books, so little time"

________________________________
 From: Lissa Underhill <laralu at gmail.com>
To: sca-librarians at lists.gallowglass.org
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 7:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Sca-librarians] Sca-librarians Digest, Vol 96, Issue 1

Stefan-

Shelf Reading (going row by row of books and making sure nothing has been misfiled) is one way that libraries can find books that have been placed on the wrong shelf. I work at an academic library, and this is a task assigned to our student workers.

My library has also  just recently conducted an inventory where each book was scanned into a computer, and then books which were missing were identified and either repurchased or removed from the catalog. Again, student labor here :)

-Lissa