[EKStationers] Officers for the Company

Lyle H. Gray gray at cs.umass.edu
Mon Mar 6 13:45:32 CST 2006

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006, Heather Gray wrote:

> 1.  The Master of the Company is basically the head
> administrator for the company and primary representative for
> same; wardens will report to the Master. The following person
> has volunteered to be Master of the Company:

[snip]

> 2. Wardens are administrators and will help people to network
> and will supervise activities in particular areas of interest
> (writing, lymning, bookbinding, papermaking, printing, etc.)
> As the members of our forming company are geographically
> spread out further than is London, it seemed appropriate to
> have 5 wardens instead of only 2.

[snip]

> There is also the position of Clerk, which I've volunteered
> for, since I've essentially been doing that anyway.  One of
> my projects for this will be to work on a ledger for putting
> all the names of members into, just like the London company
> did.  If no one minds, I'll keep on serving as the Clerk.

[snip]

Another position which has not been decided on is a Chancellor of
the Exchequer.  As far as I know, this position is not necessary
unless the Company itself decides to hold a bank account, in
which case the Chancellor of the Exchequer would be responsible
for the accounting and would report both to the Wardens and
Master of the Company and to the Kingdom Chancellor of the
Exchequer.

At this time, we are trying to keep it simple and not establish a
fund directly for the Company.

Regards,
M. Lyle FitzWilliam

--