[EKStationers] another warden

Lyle H. Gray gray at cs.umass.edu
Thu Mar 9 15:13:09 CST 2006

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Raffaella wrote:

> Any thoughts? Or is it too late to make changes like that?

Well, we did ask if anyone had objections to the Wardens selected
so far.  We wouldn't have asked that if it were too late to
change.

My experience with other guilds/colleges that have regional
offices is that sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't, and
that it depends on the emphasis of the group being served.
Obviously, it works with the seneschalate.  It has -- and has not
-- worked for the College of Heralds.  Currently, the College
only has "regional" heralds in the area of education, except for
the herald who is responsible for the Northern Shores Region.

Personally, I'd prefer that the Wardens were chosen by their
being interested, rather than where they're geographically
located, because, truth to tell, you don't _have_ to be a Warden
in order to network with others in the Company.

I don't consider this in conflict with the desire to have at
least one Warden outside of Western/Central Massachusetts,
though.

We've left the structure of choosing the Wardens open, just as
we've made the responsibilities open, so that we can make
adjustments as needed in the future.  If regional Wardens make
sense in the future, we can try that out.  I think we're a little
thin on the ground yet to do that.

Lyle

--
Lyle H. Gray